Bedrock is a modern WordPress stack that helps you get started with the best development tools and project structure.
Bedrock's main features:
- Dependency management with Composer
- Automated deployments with Capistrano
- Easy development environments with Vagrant – coming soon!
- Better folder structure
- Easy WordPress configuration with environment specific files
- Environment variables with Dotenv
Bedrock is meant as a base for you to fork and modify to fit your needs. It is delete-key friendly and you can strip out or modify any part of it. You'll also want to customize Bedrock with settings specific to your sites/company.
Note: Bedrock isn't tied to the Roots starter theme in any way and works with any theme.
Using Composer with WordPress
Introduction to deploying WordPress with Capistrano. If you say a prayer or cross your fingers before a deploy, then this is the screencast for you.
Deploying WordPress with Capistrano
An in-depth introduction to dependency management in PHP using Composer and more importantly, why you should use it with WordPress.