2015 was a really big year for Roots. It was the first year that we really executed on our vision of providing a suite of modern tools to make WordPress development easier and better. This was achieved with two major changes: releasing Sage and Trellis.
The first half of 2015 was extremely busy with re-branding, renaming projects, and releasing big initial versions. While the second half of 2015 was mostly spent stabilizing those projects and incrementally improving them.
Here’s the quick breakdown of our year:
- Renamed the starter theme to Sage
- Renamed bedrock-ansible to Trellis
- Released 8 versions of Sage
- Released 12 versions of Bedrock
- Released 4 versions of Trellis
- Guests on The Changelog podcast
- Created the Roots Radio podcast and released 11 episodes
- Created the Roots Example Project
- Migrated from Gumroad to Easy Digital Downloads
- Started selling the Gulp and Bower screencast
- Started selling the Sage eBook, released 2 versions
- Started selling licenses for Soil, released 9 versions
- Started work on roots-cli
- Started work on Sage 9
We’ll have more information on Sage 9 available as we continue to figure out the roadmap. There’s still a lot more to come in 2016, and we look forward to growing our tools as the web development world goes through changes.
Thank you for all of your continued support!